Saturday, October 24, 2009

Framing
















On Tuesday and Thursday we visited with John the Builder to finalize the layouts for the main floor and then the 2nd floor! The framing went very quickly for the main floor as there is only the living room shape, one support beam for the length of the dining room and then the wall separating the dining room from the kitchen.

Upstairs we knew the plan for the two hall bedrooms and the hall baths, but needed to finalize the size of the master suite and fit in a linen closet. John the Builder laid out some 2x4s to help me see the layout and The Brother put in a guest appearance. Unfortunately I don't think I captured him in any photos.
So I realize these shots don't show much actual framing - just consider these some "before" shots and we will see the "after" shots next week as John the Builder said they finished the 2nd floor framing Friday!
These shot show - 2nd floor back to front; back bedroom; first floor; 2nd floor front to back; 1st floor entry hall/living room framing. And I'm learning that the photos are published in reverse order of how I select them. I'll work on that matter.

I should add that there is a basement. I think it is still a mess so we have not really seen it. The existing basement was only 2/3rds the depth of the house so they were going to excavate the remaining 3rd and also lower the floor grade in the existing portion by about 8". They discovered they needed to add footers (?) to the rear walls. So we are leaving all that to the crew.







No comments:

Post a Comment