Saturday, November 7, 2009

Updated house tour


























It is exciting to see the house taking shape! This week, the big accomplishments were installing the heating/air con ductwork and most of the electrical wiring, plus some of the plumbing! OK, I posted those photos in the reverse order of what I intended.
First we have the rear bedroom window! Not a wonderful photograph, but I just like that big window. Don't you like how the workers can enjoy all the fresh air flowing in? Hopefully there will be new windows soon!
Then we have a semi-random shot - view from the master bedroom to the laundry area in the hallway.
The fireplace is the view into the living room; the framing is the future powder room. The nicest photo is the view from the entry hall! To the right is the wall to the living room, beyond that is the dining room; and you can see the new framing for the wall between the dining room and kitchen. Up the new stairway you can see that nice big rear bedroom window. The stairway was replaced because those original stairways were just so narrow and the one that was there, like many on the Hill, was also very slanted.

Oh, something sad did happen! My dearest, sweetest, adorablest little friend and neighbor - the one who can make me smile when no one else can and who, as my flowergirl on my wedding day looked at me after my veil was pulled down over my face and said, "What's that thing on your face?" - just understood that we will be moving! She is a frequent guest in our current place as she lives just upstairs. I think she just comprehended "moving"; I'm not sure that it matters that the new house is just a 5 minute walk away. It's still not "downstairs". Maybe I'll make a map for her. The new house is just a few minutes away from her park. I hope my little monkey is still a very frequent guest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment